Thursday, June 10, 2010

I am I, you are you

Yesterday I got a bike from Zoli. For Christmas. We were in company when he gave it, so I had to hide my feelings. But I couldn’t do it very well. He enclosed a letter to the gift:


"Draw a man. I see you draw well. You drew 2 feet for him. 2 hands. 2 eyes. 2 ears. You drew two of everything. Not one. It's perfect like this. In pairs. A foot can also only tread forward in pairs. If you drew a bird, it would have two wings. Only like that can it fly high in the sky, sweep higher and higher. And think of scissors. Without you I'm like one half of scissors. Or perhaps even more desperate. Like a bike that doesn’t work. Unusable. You can’t chop nor gallop with it. That’s why you need a pair of feet, hands, eyes, ears so ... (and you continue...)

[12:45:17 AM] ... I can cycle with you a lot."
[12:45:44 AM] ... I can always cycle with you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment