Wednesday, June 23, 2010

twenty-forth cycling

My husband came home so drunk that he didn’t even come into the house, he fell asleep in the armchair on the terrace. I spread a blanket over him, so he wouldn’t freeze, then I went in the house, and longed for Zoli. A cold wind was blowing, so I planned not to stick my feet out all day. But I couldn’t stand it: I sprung onto my bike, and under cover of darkness I went to see if my love had returned home. But there was no one at home. I was tempted by the idea to watch for him when he arrives, and pop in front of him when he opens the gate, but in the end I didn’t dare to stay any longer. It was already snowing big time when I set off back home. I thought that it would again have to be me to shovel the snow, and after that there would be no one to warm me up with his body.

No comments:

Post a Comment