Tuesday, June 15, 2010

twenty-first cycling trip

In the morning I could not find my bike anywhere. Though I remembered well that I had put it exactly where Zoli usually leaves his. When I woke up, I even saw it for a moment in front of me. But it was nowhere in sight. So my day didn’t work out as I had originally planned, because I didn’t do anything else but look for my bike. I walked several times down the road on which I cycled with it last time, but it had vanished into thin air. Though I needed it a lot. I knew it wasn’t stolen, because I don’t know anyone who could have dared such a thing. No-one inherited light-fingers here, it doesn’t run in families in this neighborhood. For a moment I stopped beside the road to set my skirt right. I don’t know why, but I had the feeling that the whole world was staring at me. In the morning Zoli visited me, I asked him if he thought there was something funny in our sadness, but he didn’t answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment