Saturday, September 18, 2010

third cycling trip

When I woke up I remembered a sentence, then I kept repeating it all day. “It’s the women I love, I have always loved women”, I kept saying, although I don’t even remember when the last time I was with a woman was. I mean I did, but my body didn’t anymore. I had two apples and a bread roll for breakfast. For a long time I was looking at the knife blade and moving it up and down in front of my face, but I couldn’t decide weather my eyes seemed brown or green in it. I got to the clinic in time although I took a detour, the sun was shining in my face and its light dazzled me. Before the rounds I had time to look through the beds. The day before yesterday a young woman was brought in, her body was full of bruises and she was so frozen through that she had hardly been brought back to life. The professor had examined her several times, later an unknown doctor appeared too, and after lengthy consultations they decided it would be best if they tied her down. I stood next to her bed for a long time, her face seemed familiar from somewhere. “Have beautiful dreams”, I whispered to her at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment