Wednesday, November 10, 2010

fifth cycling trip


I was taken to a huge chamber. At least a hundred other girls were there, the one more beautiful than the next. So I didn’t understand why I was there among them. They said that this would be a special moment, and that if I was lucky I could be the chosen one for the evening, and that if I did well, then it might be for more than just one night. But no-one said what the special moment, the luck, the fact of being chosen, of doing well, the other nights cover. I had time to think, because we just stood there mutely, and nothing happened. The silence was frightening, and in the bright sunlight that was coming in, a tiny little bug panted through the chamber. I thought about how I would gladly fly away with it to the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment