Wednesday, November 10, 2010

forth cycling trip


My stomach rumbled, and only then did it come to my mind that I hadn't eaten anything for days. I got up from your bed, went to your pantry, and I began to search through the shelves. I found old mugs and bowls, but the smell of steaming hot food permeated the twilight. I stood on a stool and took a plate off from the top shelf. The jelly was still warm in it, it burned my hand, but somehow I groped my way with it into the kitchen, and started spooning it briskly. I also found fresh bread and wine. For a moment I put the spoon down, the one that kept ringing again and again, and listened to the silence around me. My flesh crept. An infinite peace lay in the countryside. I looked at my plate, and again it came to my mind that perhaps I had arrived late after all, and that I can really only put my finger in your ear, nothing else. But I also thought that it was just enough for me, and in return you can put yours in my ear: I can listen to you with it whenever you need. Whatever you whisper into it. I heard fumbling from the door, I eagerly looked over there, wondering who it could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment